The ancient Medieval Castle dating back to the 12th century A.D is situated in the Tuscan hills only 20/25 minutes from Florence and offers Standard and Superior rooms as well as Suites, two private swimming pools and a restaurant of typical Tuscan food all in the setting of an authentic historical residence. The building has been the object of an attentive and complex conservative restoration to retain as faithfully as possible the original plan. The castle perches on the tip of a rocky outcrop which dominates the valley below, surrounded by a series of stone terraces which together with the architectural design of the building recreate the idea of a Medieval Castle (as it was at that time). The building and terraces are encompassed by private land and edged with oaks and cypress trees which merge into huge green areas. Here you can find two suggestive swimming pools dug into the underlying rock opposite the entrance to the tower. Both swimming pools are accessible and usable without extra charge for the most part of the year. They are always visible and create a spectacular scenic effect all year round. The pools are illuminated at night with LED lights and a smaller, heated circular pool with Jacuzzi and Professional water jets for neck massage is open all year round. Il Castelluccio, built on three levels above ground, has a wide area designated to accommodate its guests, with Bar service, antique style dining rooms for lunch and dinner and suggestive bedrooms (classic, superior and suites, all with en suite bathrooms and with all services and comforts). All the rooms are furnished in the traditional Tuscan rustic style, mixed with a special, refined and essential, yet definitely creative and personal taste of the owners” (from Press “the best Villa and Residences in Tuscany”) We offer our customers the service of breakfast and dinner (half board) as well as Bar snacks for lunch in High Season which enables our customers to savour a cuisine in line with the culinary traditions of Tuscany and in particular of the Mugello area with adaptations of typical dishes and wide range of local and national wines. The service is particularly painstaking and at disposition for customers’ special needs (with special attention for children’s diets, vegetarians and any food intolerances) and always according to the fundamental principles and criteria of the local “slow food” movement ( only quick dishes made from ingredients of the highest quality belonging to the Tuscan and Mugello area gastronomical tradition).
• Free fenced-off on site parking
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the premises
• Breakfast made up of a wide and elegant Buffet of freshly made sweet and savoury products, pancakes and omelettes on request
• Restaurant within the medieval dining rooms serving typical Tuscan cuisine of the highest quality (with à la carte possibilities) a choice of wines from small and esteemed regional vineyards.
• room temperature pool (11x6)with panoramic sun terrace and elegant ergonomic sun beds
• Heated technical pool with Jacuzzi and professional water jets for neck massage
• Cushion for the ergonomic sun bed and towel for swimming pool use only
•Rooms equipped with all comforts (en suite bathroom, complete courtesy set and hairdryer – Wi-Fi – Air conditioning – LCD TV – fridge bar)
• En suite private wellness equipment for the Superior rooms (LED chromotherapy shower) and Suites (Jacuzzi tub in sleeping area)
• Mountain bikes available
• Dogs welcomed on request but regulations on custody and hygiene must be respected at all times
• communal rooms with TV, stereo with piped music and old fashioned fireplace
• Visit to the vegetable garden where organic vegetables can be picked to be brought to the dining room.
• The Florentine museum system can be booked directly from the hotel
• Payments accepted with debit and credit cards (Visa / Mastercard / American Express)
|Services available on request for extra charge (unless included in a special packet)
• Breakfast in room
• Snacks and bar service in room and/or by the pool
• Local and regional Wine and Oil tasting on site
• Tour of Vineyard at famous Castle/Vineyard with tasting and historical narration (minimum 4 people)
• On site cookery course with the cook from il Castelluccio (minimum 4 people)
• Horse riding at nearby riding centre with convention ( 15 minutes)
• Therapeutic massage (anti-stress – relaxing) carried out by a qualified masseuse by the swimming pool or in your room.
• Transfer service to and from airport or for tours with driver (Car- mini-Van or mini-Bus)
• Organisation of private functions (Anniversaries, First Communions, Confirmations and small weddings), business coffee breaks and dinners with chosen menus and animation.
• Sale of typical products (Oil, Wine, Jams, Honey, bakery products and gift ideas)
Dear Guests, please find attached our “Service Charter” to provide you with information which will help you to use the services we offer better and to guarantee you a pleasant stay. At the centre of our business there is the customer. You are the main source of the evaluation of our service and the inspiration for the constant improvement of your stay in our premises. We therefore invite you to make any request or notify us of anything you feel could be useful to improve our offer.
We are pleased and enthusiastic about being the reference point for any problem you may have during your stay and for any more information you may need about the services of il Castelluccio which are available for you. We are also very happy to give you touristic information regarding our area and local events.
Bookings can be made over the phone or directly on line (using the special ‘automatic booking form’ which guarantees an immediate confirmation of your stay). If you make a request via the contacts page, we will answer your email a maximum of a few hours after receiving it.
You can check in from 15.00 to 20.00.
For arrivals at times which are different to those indicated above, please contact us in advance. The time of arrival is established in consideration of the fact that the previous customers are given the possibility to leave the hotel at 12.00 taking advantage of a ‘late check out’. Obviously, the cleaning operations to prepare the rooms for the new arrivals at 15.00 can only start at this time. However, if the previous guests leave the room early we can intervene in the room much sooner. As we are not in a condition to say when our guests leave until the day of departure, if you think you will arrive before 15.00, we advise you to call us around 13.00 to see if the room is ready or if there has been a late check out (Tel: 055 8420772).
The use of the swimming pool, for reasons linked to insurance coverage, is allowed only after the check in has been formalised (from 15.00). We require a personal, valid identification document to be shown in order to declare your arrival to the local police.
The normal “check-out“ operations (handing back keys and payment of any balances) must be carried out by 10.00 unless a ‘late check out’ has been agreed, this last option must be booked beforehand to enable the room cleaning to be properly organised. Payment is accepted by credit card or debit card.
A fiscal invoice, if requiered, must be requested at check out instead of the usual fiscal receipt. We cannot send an invoice after a receipt has been raised.
We would like to remind our guests to check that they haven’t left any personal belongings in their room before they leave the premises; you are reminded to hand in the keys before leaving and to inform the reception of anything you have taken from the fridge bar in your room.
To be precise, bookings which are cancelled will be subject to penalties as described below:
In the case of a cancellation or modification of the booking, if this is done before 3 days of the stipulated arrival date, there is no charge (NO CANCELLATION FEE!)
If the booking is cancelled or modified three days or less before the expected arrival date, 100% of the cost of the first night will be charged.
In the case of not turning up (no show) or if you leave before the stipulated departure date, the cost of the whole stay will be charged.
As a reciprocal guarantee, the length of the stay must be respected by both parties (Hotel & guest client) The hotel is committed to ensuring the availability of the rooms for the entire length of the booked period. No discounts can be made if the guest leaves earlier than the date agreed at the time of booking.
Personal information and other elements gathered in our company whilst serving you as a customer are subject to respect of secrecy and will be treated according to laws on privacy and personal rights through the systemic application of special protective measures and guarantees put in place for both paper and electronic data and are tailor made to the specificity of the data itself ( simple personal details or sensitive or judicial data). According to the regulation D.Lgs. 196/03we inform our customers that personal data will only be processed for the purpose of carrying out that stipulated by a contract and its end (including financial and administrative matters).
The service of breakfast is carried out every morning with a rich and varied self service buffet from 8.00 to 10.00. Products are available without gluten for celiacs and for American and English breakfasts. In the afternoon upon request we guarantee a ‘snack bar’ service which is useful and handy for those guests who want to remain in the residence or by the pool. The menu includes salads of various types including pasta salad, stuffed rolls, hamburgers, hotdogs, pancakes, fresh fruit and ice creams. The menu for the day is shown at the reception in the hunting room.
The evening meal which is always characterised by the most noble aspects of the Tuscan and local culinary traditions every evening offers a different gastronomical journey with at least 4 courses (as per the agreement of half board stipulated at the time of booking for the whole period of stay). Children’s menus are available as are special menus for those with food intolerances.
If you prefer, you can opt out of the regular half board menu and choose from an à la carte menu with a wide choice of culinary offers all characterised by the principles of the “slow food” movement (please see our menu on the page restaurant).
A rich and thought over wine list made up of small local vineyards is always available to accompany the most famous and acclaimed dishes of the Tuscan tradition.
• The pool can be used from 09,00 in the morning until 19,30.
• Lifeguards must be present when you use the pool. As the pool is not permanently manned, please check that a lifeguard is present before entering the pool.
• Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
• The depth of the pool is 1 meter for the heated round pool and of two depths (1.20 and 1.60) for the big atmospheric temperature pool.
• Diving is not allowed.
• It is advisable not to enter the water after less than 3 hours after eating.
• It is obligatory to enter the pool only after walking through the foot bath and shower first.
• It is strictly forbidden to go under water holding your breath (in apnea)
Before entering the pool, it must be ensured that you have read Regulations for the use of the pool.
We ask our customers to keep the television and any musical devices at a volume which respects the tranquillity and harmony of the area, particularly during the rest times from 14:00 to 16:00 and from 23:00 to 9:00.
The short dust track you must drive along to reach the premises (about 6/8 minutes from the “Designer Outlet of Barberino del Mugello” is immersed in the total green of the Tuscan countryside. The road is continually beaten to keep it flat and maintained with special shingle for paths. All the same it is natural that some small inconvenience may occur so we advise you to drive very slowly especially if you are driving a very sporty car like a Ferrari or a Porsche (particularly low). The road cannot be asphalted and/or widened because of restrictions of an archaeological, hydro geological and environmental nature, imposed by the Superintendence of the department of Cultural Heritage for the whole Castelluccio area ( ex Medieval Castle) and in the valley below it along the famous Sieve river as it is in the band of respect surrounding a building of historical and cultural interest. Although the piece of dust track is short, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience driving along it may cause.
The car park, situated in a private fenced off area, is not guarded; there are no particular risks, however it is always good practice to lock your car and not to leave precious items or money inside the vehicle.
It is possible to connect to the internet. Wi-Fi is free and it is available throughout the entire premises.
Our customers are asked to hand in the keys at the moment of departure. The management takes no responsibility for the theft or loss of any items left unguarded around the premises.
Rooms will be cleaned if the rooms are vacated by 10.30 a.m. Bath and bed linen is changed every 3 days (excluding the day of departure and the day before this).
Please leave the towels that you wish to be changed on the floor. Guests have a kettle with teabags and infusions available in each room as well as a fridge bar containing the most popular drinks. Please inform reception of what you have consumed from the bar before you check out. Bathrooms are supplied with an organic toiletries set and have a hair dryer.
• We invite you to behave respectfully of the tranquillity and relax of the other guests.
• Guests must respect the environment, equipment and furnishings of the premises;
• Smoking is strictly forbidden in the bedrooms;
• It is forbidden to use extra heating equipment in the bedrooms and open flames.
We also ask you to respect the environment and avoid wastage where possible